Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Red

Just the other day I read about how this girl on reddit used to think that PMS is a myth because she has never experience the worst of it before. Until the day she found herself crying over something really trivial, which I forgot what it was -__- I guess it's something like the boyfriend lift up the toilet seat or something equivalent to that laa.

When I read about it, I thought hey I also haven't experience reaaaally bad PMS before too. I do get the shorter temper but not to the extend of becoming a monster who becomes oversensitive with anything and everything like crying over getting a yellow eggyolk instead of orange eggyolk wtf you get what I mean.

And then, bam! Look who's having some reaaaaally bad PMS over the long weekend. It was bad. So bad I shut myself down, didn't wanna talk to anyone when I could avoid communication. I just kept staring at the computer screen, lingering around the net doing absolutely nothing, playing games just so I have something to kill time with. Sleep was good to drown myself in, also worked as perfect reason to skip meals with the family, all for the sake of avoiding conversation/communication of any kind with anyone.

To be honest, I felt rather depressed over the period of time, having no idea that it was PMS. I thought about how suddenly I'm so vulnerable but now I'm enlightened as to why I was feeling so negative. I did try to swerve out of the negative pool of feelings but to no avail- I kept going down lower.

Anyhoo, have PMS? If you don't know if you're having it or not, you can see this for some of the symptoms and see how many you've got there :p. For myself, I had the emotional ones mostly, like "feeling slow & sluggish" (checked), "feelings of sadness and hopelessness" (checked wtf pls don't laugh) and also "irritable, hostile, or aggressive behaviour, with outbursts of anger toward self or others" hahaha I quote from that page one ok, which also unfortunately (checked) for me. Not so aggressive laa, more to feeling irritated and annoyed at everything that everyone does, especially when they tried to talk to me when I clearly do not want any of it lol.

Next big thing I know, magic happened and today I feel much better. Took the effort to communicate with people, went out to meet some friends, did not refuse dinner. No I did not get my period. It was supposed to be today but I guess they're taking advantage of the holidays too wtf. That saying, I am not totally sure if it is really PMS I got but I think it really do have some truth in it instead of being a myth that people say girls made up to use as excuse for their bad mood swings and attitude! I crossed my fingers and think that it was a bad case of PMS I experienced, for if not, I am doomed.

No comments: