Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rest In Peace

First I feel indifferent. Ignorant even.

Then I feel sceptical because there were negative comments and I was trying to look at it from another view, instead of just blindly supporting what is against the government.

It changed to neutral after that and I started visiting Bersih 2.0 Official Facebook page a lot of times a day, to see how fast the number of supporters is increasing and to see what are the people's comments.

On the day itself, I was excited to see(and read) what is going to happen. At the same time I was afraid too, for I fear there will be mass massacre....yes damn wtf I know, blame my brain for remembering Sejarah lessons too well.

Throughout the day reading live feeds from different individuals, I felt very semangat as it seems like such a cheerful and definitely peaceful carnival.



And then later that day, more came in. The pictures, the tweets, the videos. The #bersihstories. And I keep reading and watching and absorbing as much details of what actually happened as I could.

I feel slightly angry at first seeing how the police reacted, then I read how some of the people who attended asking people not to put all the blame on the police as they were just receiving orders. And I kinda agree. So, anger died down.



Then I feel very proud, because the Bersih rally peeps were such amazingly united, amazingly civilized crowd and they even sang Negaraku from within their lungs(and heart I assume) without needing the background music which is normally needed for pretentious events like Himpunan 1 Juta Belia to make up for barely heard voices.



The next day, accidentally caught the PM on tv speaking on Bersih 2.0 with much arrogance. In case you didn't, please watch this : 

This is just a small part of the speech. There's more to it, look it up if you're free and interested, but not for the faint-hearted though. Tell me what do you think. Is it only Anwar who was teargassed? What about the rest of your countrymen and the babies and mummies and sickly patients in the two hospitals? Google 'teargas hospital tung shin'. Judge yourself.

And to be fair after reading Charis Ding's take on her Bersih experience, the police doesn't seem like such bad guys. And that was the part of her encounter that I remember and like most.

Now I am saddened, especially after watching this video, please watch until the end.


So much can be done to prevent his life from being taken instead of just standing around watching how helpless they were.

If the government's action to set up roadblocks and place so many policemen around is for the sole intention to safeguard public safety, then where the hell is the medic team and ambulance? Clearly they just want to prevent people not to gather, in any way they can even if involves using violence.

I am utterly saddened by the demise of this Mister and the way which he were not given any slightest form of help from PDRM - the people who were supposed to protect the rakyat.

Rest in Peace, Mister.

*Update*

Found out a while ago that this Mister in fact, is still alive. Some people say he's just putting up a show but nonetheless it's not a bad thing that his life is spared. So anyway, open your eyes and mind so as to not be easily confused by misleading information like how I did. 

No comments: